CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Like, really? Totally...

I am having WAY too much fun with the thought of this 80's party Saturday night. I have been to numerous stores today in search of the perfect accessories. I have found many, decided on none. Yet. There were headbands, lace gloves, leg warmers, really LARGE earrings. I mean, if I bought everything that I found today, it would have looked as if 1985 threw up on me!

While trolling around the Target, I found a pair of leggings. Yes, leggings. Not the stirrup kind, but regular leggings. I used to LIVE in pants like that. Well, not like these, in particular, because these are SHINY leggings. They came in black, gold, silver and zebra. Calm down, I did NOT get the zebra print. Just the thought of squeezing in to those was enough to make a little bit of throw up lodge in my throat. So I looked at them, and I laughed and I walked away. My 8-year old was with me and he was like, "Mom, you should totally get them!" The funny thing is, he doesn't realize how 80's-like he sounded. After roaming around a little bit more, my gaze kept going back to that rack and before I could lose my nerve, I grabbed a black pair and quickly exited the junior department with my head hung low. I figured I'd bring them home, try them on, repulse myself, and return them.

Well, that was the plan.

Frank happened to come home while I was trying them on. Now picture this - the shiny leggings, big, slouchy socks, a white tank top under my old white mesh kickline football jersey.

Swallow the vomit.

I actually was laughing out loud at myself and the sheer ridiculousness of my appearance and he's looking at me like I'm crazy. I told him not to worry, I was taking the pants back, and he's like "Why?" I'm thinking, SERIOUSLY??? For the love of it LOOK AT ME!! I look beyond stupid. Then I threw option number two at him - the shiny leggings, a big blouse with the collar up, a big belt and high healed black boots - oh, and some leg warmers. Some big hair to top it off and I will look like I did for the first Whitesnake concert I ever went to. He actually thought this was a good idea. Um...love MUST be blind because while he is clearly lost in his own thoughts, all I can think is that these are the pants of the devil and they must go!

So what am I wearing Saturday night? I still don't know. But the shiny leggings? Staying.

Totally.

No comments: