CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Open mouth, insert foot...

I guess I'm a little more on edge than I realized. Today...well, let's just say that it WASN'T one of my finer moments...

There was an "incident" today, or so I thought. The store is now closed on Friday's but there was a group that had reserved the room long before we made this decision and so we had to honor it and let them come in today. They were not truly prepared and asked to borrow some pens. So we gave them all that we had with the understanding that we HAD to have them back.

Well, several hours later, I stop in at the store to pick up my check and lo and behold, no pens. Anywhere. Now I'm mad. I'm all yelling at myself like "Like it's not bad enough that we have to close but PLEASE, steal our pens, too!" Michael was with me and ran for cover. So I e-mailed someone from the group and sort of "vented". Those of you who have been reading me for a while, you know what I mean. It just felt like the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I'm at home and my buddy (and co-worker) calls me because she is now at the store to let another group in and she has found the pens. Okay, time to eat some crow. Again, so, so sorry, Beth. I had to retract my last e-mail full of ventage and apologize for jumping the gun.

Yeah, I think I'm going to need a couple of weeks when this is all over and done with and just "medicate" myself to keep me in a happy place.

And again, so sorry, Beth.

1 comment:

A.Marie said...

Oh Stace, I can totally feel your chagrin over the lost/found pens....how would you like your crow? Boiled or fried?? :)

Trust me, I have had to eat crow more than once lately, and I'm not sure what is going on. I'd like to blame it on the turning-forty hormones, but since I am turning 45 in June, I can't really use that excuse anymore! HA!

At least you have the ability to say that you're sorry, apologize profusely, and now that you have done this, go to your "happy place" and think happy thoughts. Or, do what I do when something like this happens and life just gets out of control:

Get in your vehicle, turn on the radio, or put in a favorite cd/dvd, roll down ALL the windows, drive down the road and JAM!! (80s music really works wonders for me...go def leppard...WOO HOO!) Seriously, after about 15 minutes or so of doing some major jamming, I am feeling sooooo much better. Then, I come home and am sort of semi-normal again. As normal as is possible for me! :)