CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

And So It's Done...


*This plaque was given to me by a friend and former co-worker after I had been with the bookstore for about six months. It says "Employee of the Month, Every Month, Because She is the Pretty One." It has been a prized possession of mine and a fixture in the store ever since - until today.*

Well, it's official...I am unemployed. My sweet little bookstore has closed it's doors for good. I didn't sleep well last night. I just wasn't sure how today was going to pan out. Turns out it was an emotional roller coaster.

I went in with the "business as usual" attitude but as things got dismantled and objects began leaving the building, it hit me - we're done. We're over. There is no tomorrow for the store. It ended here today. Honestly, I was fine until I got home and now I can't seem to stop crying every time I think about it.

I'll write more tomorrow but for now...well, let's just say that we did everything that we could and as a business, we ended well. God has a plan for us all and though none of this makes sense right now, He will provide.

4 comments:

carol at A Second Cup said...

Well done good and faithful servant...

Roo said...

Nice quote "Carol" and very true. You've done well Stace. Relax for a few days and re-group. Things will work out as God see fits.

A.Marie said...

Just cruising over to see how you are doing...just rest and relax, and God has your next "assignment" all planned out; you just have to wait and see! :)

Mom said...

I just wanted to send you a bit of a "feel better hug."