CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Awkward!

Okay, so I'm up in NY last week and driving around with my sister after our fabulous manicure/pedicure/painful massage appointment. We're in her brand-spanking new catering van. It's all black and it's a beast! I was in awe of how well she drove in it because it is huge. Back at the house is the white version which is several years old. This was her old catering van that she passed on to her son for a mobile car washing business he was starting up. Well, apparently he's not really using it and so, knowing that Frank is in the market for a new work vehicle, she offers the white van to me at a VERY nice price. I readily jump on it and then it is not brought up again.

The awkward part? I don't think she's told her son of this offer and now I can't seem to pin her down on how and when we can finalize this transaction. How do you approach someone and say 'hey, remember when you said you'd sell me this at this extremely generous price? Well, when's that gonna happen?' I mean, I just don't know how to do it and what if my nephew doesn't want to let the van go?

Awkward, awkward, awkward!!!

No comments: