CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...

Tomorrow, Michelle and I are working at a used book fair in Clayton. This will be our 4th year doing it. We load up one of our mini-vans with books from the store and do our best to sell as much as possible and bring as little as we can back. Only one year did we sell off half of what we had with us. It is hard, sweaty work loading and un-loading all of these items so we will most definitely get a good workout.

One of the many things that I love about this particular event is the fun that the two of us have with it. The first year that we did it we were both on diets. I was doing South Beach and Michelle was doing Atkins. We had both been doing okay with our diets (no great weight loss, but we were encouraged) but on this particular day, we ate anything that wasn't nailed down! They had chili dogs, chips, snacks, sodas and every baked good known to man AND they had teen volunteers who came to your table to take your order! And the prices were incredible! The hot dog was a dollar, chips and drinks were fifty cents and the baked goods varied anywhere from twenty-five cents to one dollar. We ate like queens the entire live-long day! Our diets never ONCE came in to consideration. As we were packing up at the end of the day we just sort of looked at one another and said "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". With a nod, we both silently agreed to never speak of it again.

As for me tomorrow with 5 days to go until NY, I have to be strong. I am packing up sandwiches for us so that I have a little control over what I am eating but I am sure I will indulge in a sweet or two. Think thin, everyone! Because this time around, what happens in Vegas, will be seen and known in NY!

No comments: