CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle. Um...you're black.

So I'm on the phone yesterday with a friend who called me in distress. She is in the middle of a divorce - which she wanted - and has been separated from her husband for over a year. She is actively dating as is her soon-to-be-ex. Yesterday she finds out that one of her oldest and dearest friends is now sleeping with her soon-to-be-ex.

A little background? The old friend sleeps around A LOT! I mean A LOT and has been since around the ninth grade. What has been amazing is my friend's reaction to this. I mean, it's like an episode of Desperate Housewives. The drama, the tears, the betrayal! She is not even remotely still in love with her ex-husband, as a matter of fact, she hates him. She is dating someone who she says makes her extremely happy. The old, dear friend? They see eachother maybe a couple of times a year.

Was I sympathetic? Sure, a little. There's a line that you just don't cross with your friends and their ex-spouses. But to be honest, I had to bite my own tongue because I was about to remind her of how - many, many years ago - she did this same exact thing to a friend who was going through a divorce. Shoe not so comfortable on that other foot, huh? Seriously, people, isn't this the kind of backstabbing that belongs either on a cheesy night-time soap or back in high school?

Give me a break.

No comments: