CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

TGIF

I had the day off. I recently changed my work schedule so that I have Friday's off. Last Friday was glorious. Nick was at Busch Gardens, Michael was at school and Frank was work. I had the whole house to myself. Oh, it was so wonderful, there really are no words to describe it. That feeling was not to be repeated.

I woke up at 6:15 because Michael had school today. Unfortunately, he was still coughing up a lung so I decided to let him stay home. Now I'm awake when I do not have to be. I go on as I usually do on a weekday morning, Frank left for work, I walked on the treadmill, showered and started the laundry. I called the pediatrician to get Michael seen about his cough, I called Impressions to make an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed, fixed lunch, got ready and was on my way by 11:45. We spent 30 minutes at the doctor (Michael is fine), dropped his prescription off at the Walmart pharmacy, drove to the bank to do the store deposit, went to my bank to do my deposit, went to Impressions and spent 20 minutes there yacking and getting tortured with hot wax (but my eyebrows look fabulous), and then drove across the parking lot to the movie theater to see "Kung Fu Panda" (very funny). By the time we got out of there it was 3:45. We went to the Walmart and picked up the prescription and did a little food shopping, stopped off at the bookstore because Michael left some of his school work there yesterday. We didn't get home until around 5:30. My whole day was gone! I guess I should be thankful that I had the time off to do all of this but it sort of defeated the purpose of having a day off just for me. Oh, and the icing on my cake was that Nick did not do any of his chores. Again.

Thank God my sensitive husband had the good sense to not argue when I announced that I wanted Chinese food for dinner.

TGIF

No comments: