CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Disney Diet - Day 40

Day 40? Yikes! I think the last time I stuck to a diet for this long was when Nick was a baby and I joined Weight Watchers with my dad when we were still up in NY (men drop weight faster than women and I stuck it out because I coudn't stand to hear him gloat and wanted to out-last him - and I did). I am impressed.

Okay, so after finding out that some women have trouble digesting ingredients in diet-type foods (low-cal/sugar-free/fat-free) and find themselves bloated from them, I kind of cut them out this week and ate all foods that I cooked - just low-fat. And you know what, I got on the scale this morning and found that I had lost 2 pounds since Thursday! OMG! I am less bloated and I feel like my digestive system is acting normally again. What a relief, let me tell you! And yesterday when I was at work, I actually ate a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pack (I had one cup before lunch and one in the mid afternoonJ). I am feeling so good right now, you cannot imagine!

I'm thinking about bathing suits, friends. I need to get a bathing suit. Choices are slim out there right now but the pool at the Grand Floridian at Disney just looks too amazing to skip! Because I had never wanted to get in to a bathing suit before, I never gave one much thought. But if I can keep up this momentum in to September, I am so going to WANT to walk around in a bathing suit. That hasn't happened in like...20 years! Woo-hoo! You know what's weird about doing a Disney trip without the kids? I actually go swimming. Every trip that my sister and I have taken together, we go swimming. When I go with Frank and the boys? We never even go near the pool. How odd is that?

So, just to re-cap (because I'm feeling sassy this morning), I am down to 157 pounds (that's 11 pounds off since the beginning) and I have lost a total of -
1 1/2 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips, 1 inch in my bust, 1 inch in my arms, and 2 inches in each of my thighs! Keep thinking thin, my friends!

No comments: