CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And the Answer Is...Turkey Chili (who knew?)

Okay, live and learn. That is my new motto. Six weeks on the Disney Diet and I am still learning what the heck to do to get my digestion back on track and lose weight. The answer: Turkey Chili. I don't know why this tasty treat has worked such wonders but it has. I make it myself, it's quick and easy and low-fat, AND it satisfies.

Here's my quick recipe:

1 pound lean ground turkey breast
1 can dark red kidney beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
2 cans chopped tomatoes w/green chiles
1 cup salsa
3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) diced
1 medium onion chopped
1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
1-2 tablespoons chili powder

In a non-stick pan (sprayed with cooking spray) add garlic and onion. Sautee for 2 minutes. Add turkey (breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks) and chili powder. When turkey is almost done, add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour. Divide up in to 4 - 5 containers for quick lunches. I top mine with some shredded cheese for a little extra flavor. Very yummy.

Enjoy!

No comments: