CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Take my uterus...please!

I am going to be 40 this year. I have been dealing with my period since the age of 12. The PMS, the cramps, the cravings, the bloating, the need to kill somebody every 28 days, should be old news and yet, every month, it still amazes me that I have to deal with this. This month was no different. The person that I had the need to kill was my dear husband. When I woke up this morning and stated that I was indeed in pain and needed the ibuprofen before even rising from the bed, he asked, "Shouldn't you be used to this by now?"

(Insert "Psycho" theme here)

If he had said it with sympathy or perhaps WHILE he was handing me the pain killer, I probably could have over-looked it. But he said it in a tone that pretty much was like waving a red flag at a bull. Frank suffers from cluster migraines. His cluster cycle this last time lasted for almost 2 months with headaches sometimes hitting up to 3 times a day and lasting for 1 1/2 - 2 hours each. He's suffered from them for 30 years. So when the poor dear made his stupid comment this morning, I trudged past him and snarled, "Are you used to your headaches yet?"

He had to think for a moment before he made the connection. Bless his heart!

No comments: