CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Randomly Random...

I've got extreme A.D.D. it feels like. I can't keep my thoughts together and remember what I'm doing from one minute to the next.

A couple of years ago we had rented a car from Enterprise. We had the choice between a Dodge Derango or the Dodge Caravan. I asked the guy which got better gas mileage and he said they were the same. LIAR! We stopped for gas so much it was insane! The drive from NC to NY took 6 trips to the gas pump! So when we returned the car, I told them so and they gave me a certificate for a free weekend rental. Sweet! I recently FOUND said certificate and am hoping to use it next weekend so we have an extra car for graduation weekend. The only problem? I keep forgetting to go to Enterprise to book it! I went today and they closed at noon! Monday is a holiday, Sunday they are closed, I mean, who does that???

All of the painting is done. Hallelujah!!!

I had a nightmare last night about the graduation ceremony. First, the kids kept scattering. One dad got up and did a whole rapping song and dance while his son (the graduate) walked off the stage, got changed and left. Nick kept wandering off and getting rid of his cap and gown, my family was loud and disruptive, there were hardly any chairs set up...on and on it went and I'd wake up and when I went back to sleep it would pick up right where I left off!! Next thing I know we're looking out the church window and there is Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster from Disney World and we're all arguing over who is going to go on it! Crazy!

Nick was home for dinner tonight for the first time in a while and we went to the Pork store (Italian Butcher) to get some fresh Italian sausage for dinner. The guy that owns this place looks a LOT like my dad. Same height, build, similar facial features and his EXACT mannerisms. It's a little bit scary.

Why did I plan such a big graduation party? Sure it all seemed like a good idea at the time but now that it's getting closer I am FREAKING out! And not a little freaking out, a whole lotta freaking out. I mean, I have people arriving on Thursday and Friday, three trips to the airport, extra meals for all these extra people...I have no idea how I'm going to recover financially from all of this. This party IS Nick's gift but I still wish I could have actually given him something else. But...in all fairness...after a weekend with the whole family, well, the memories and the stories will be gift enough.

I ate a dozen Enteman's chocolate chip cookies today.

They weren't on the diet plan.

I played Powerball for the first time today. We'll see if we actually get even remotely close to winning. What was that old Lotto line? You gotta be in it to win it...I deserve to win something here!!

2 comments:

KC5UNQ said...

Oh Stacey, you are in my prayers! The minute your last guest leaves, we will have a Girls Night Out!!

Nani said...

so did you win it??