CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

And the beat goes on...

Three weeks till graduation!!! AAHHHH.....

This weekend we're going to be full-blown out in the yard. Last night we tilled a couple of beds so that it would (or SHOULD) kill the weeds and then we are going to mulch them. I bought a butterfly bush and another little shrub to plant, as well. Right now my front porch looks like a jungle!

After that we are grinding all of the paint off of the porch in preparation of painting it! I think I am looking forward to that the most because the porch has been nothing but a mass of peeling paint for years and it always makes me cringe!

Oh, and here's something that has been making me crazy...curtains! Yes, curtains. I am looking to replace my kitchen curtains and need valances in a light, cornflower blue. Does anyone, anywhere have such a thing? Apparently not. Killing me!!

Tomorrow I'm planning on having Nick do windows. He doesn't know it yet, but that is my plan for him. I mean, we're doing all of this for HIS graduation and he's the only one that isn't really contributing to the home improvements. Typical teenager. Although, I got two new dining room chairs from Amazon.com the other day and they came fully assembled and all Michael has really been doing is playing with the box! He's 10 and he STILL gets a kick out of playing with a box! I don't get it.

Well, off to dig, rake, mulch and grind....Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

No comments: