CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

...and they never showed

So after last night's special family version of "Cops", no one showed up here. I have to say, I'm not sure if I'm relieved or angry. I could no longer stay awake and wait so I was in bed by 11:30.

We found out from a friend that there were indeed check points set up because A.) there was a prom somewhere, B.) someone had complained about teenagers smashing mailboxes and C.) our governor is sort of getting aggressive because there have been so many teen driving deaths recently. While I appreciate that they're trying to stop drunk driving and whatnot, there was no need for this guy to threaten my son or scare the crap out of him.

So for now he's out driving around but I can guarantee that he might take a different way home tonight.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Sorry about the bad experience your son had with the police. They can get a little over zealous at times. I actually like the check points. As long as the officers learn to behave themselves it is a way to remove Drunk Drivers.