CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY!!


It was a day late, but it's here!! YIPPY! You know, I'm not sure why I was so desperately wanting one of these but now that the snow has arrived, I just feel giddy. I woke up at my usual 6:15 just in case it DIDN'T snow and we had to get ready for school. But after a peek out the window, I knew we were home for the day.

What surprised me the most was that the kids weren't up yet. I mean, they were both pretty antsy last night about the possibility of snow and yet they slept until 7:30 and only got up then because Nick's phone rang - possibly his girlfriend who was equally excited about the snow. By 8:00 both boys were out the door and running around the yard with barely contained glee.

As for me, I'm pretty content right now. We just had a family breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. I made cocoa, too. I'm still in my jammies and just loving life right now. At some point today I plan to actually GO outside and experience the snow for myself - but that will be later on in the day. For now, I'll live vicariously through the kids and watch them having fun.

Actually, right now the teen and his girlfriend are trying to find a way to hang out today. Um...are you crazy? Nick asked if he could go over to her house if her dad picked him up and then Frank would have to go and get him tonight. Apparently the reality of snow-slick roads and the dangers of said roads after dark are not clearly defined yet. Personally, I am unwilling to go out and drive just for funsy sake, you know? I'd rather hang at home where it is safe and warm.

How about you? Are you out frolicking in the snow yet?

No comments: