CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Praying for a snow day...

You know what the number one down side is to homeschooling? No snow days. I mean, you don't have to travel. You're already home. Life goes on as usual. But in light of recent events, I find myself PRAYING for a snow day. Tomorrow, specifically.

Why?

Okay, let's start with the fact that it's a Monday. No one really WANTS to get up on a Monday. Add to that fact that Michael - who I don't homeschool - is off from school. Now I can sleep in a little bit. Now add to THAT the fact that Monday is a day that the boy who cries over everything has a class at the bookstore. Now I have to work up the enthusiasm to deal with that. Top THAT with the fact that there is also a class that meets on Monday where we have known thieves. I am going to have to be on hyper-alert at all times and not let my guard down for a minute. My inner-Rambo is dying to come out and knock some sense in to these kids. I'm a little stressed to say the least.

So while it is snowing like wild all over the country, I can't seem to get a flake to stick here in North Carolina. And I really need it! I mean, I'm only asking for an inch or two; everything closes down when snow starts sticking around here because we don't have the equipment to deal with it and the majority of the people don't know how to drive in it. Snow is the perfect solution to my problems. But am I going to get snow? No. I've crossed my fingers and said a prayer but I don't think it's going to happen.

So while you're all sitting at your computers having a peaceful Monday morning, think of me, holding on to my sanity by a thread. Trying really, really hard to be pleasant and not go all Dr. Phil on anyone.

Just another reason to hate Mondays.

No comments: