CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I'M SAILING!!!

Anyone remember the movie "What About Bob?" starring Bill Murray?  Well, there's a scene where he conquers his fear of sailing.  How?  By being tied to the front of a large sailboat!  He's up there and he's smiling and he's yelling "I'm Sailing!"  That's become a bit of a long-running joke between me and a dear friend and we refer to it when life just seems to be spinning out of control - but in a good way.

Today, I am spinning.

Yesterday I was positively giddy to have "The Christmas Cottage" reach in to the 9,000's on Amazon downloads.  I mean, "Jordan's Return" never got any better than the 12,000's so this was pretty darn cool.  I had asked some people to post some reviews because that is helpful in climbing the list, too, so I when I woke up this morning, I wanted to see if anyone had submitted a review.

They had and I thank you.

So I'm getting ready to leave the page and then I happen to glance down and I just about fell out of my chair.  I was at # 2,829!!!  I was sitting there like an idiot, all by myself (Frank had to work today and Michael was sleeping), crying and shaking.  I couldn't believe it!  So I posted on Facebook, I texted some people and just sat there, feeling giddy and numb at the same time.

I had a bunch of errands to run today and I'm not going to lie to you, there was more than a little spring in my step.  No one knows who I am, no one really knows that I'm an author but inside I was like "Look at me!  Woo-hoo!" 

I came home, was kicking back, relaxing and got notification that the book is now available on Barnes & Noble's Nook!  That was some exciting news PLUS it opens me up to more readers.  THEN...because that wasn't enough, it got listed on Goodreads!  AND...people are pinning it on Pinterest!  So, I'm basically looking at my book all over the internet and decided to go back over to Amazon.  I wasn't going to but Michael was like "Hey, mom, has your book climbed anymore?" and I was scared to look.  I mean, what would I feel like if I went on there and suddenly I was at 420,000?  

Talk about a buzz kill.

But I took a leap of faith and went on over.

I AM AT # 2784!!!!

My company Christmas party is tonight and my birthday is tomorrow and THIS is a pretty damn exciting weekend for me!!!

Please keep sending friends and family to the page!  Please keep recommending it!!  Please write some reviews!!!  I would love to wake up tomorrow and be at #2500...

Just sayin...

No comments: