CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Shopping on Facebook?

I know I may be in the minority here, but I truly wish I had more time to just sit down at my computer just for fun.  I sit at a computer all day at work but I don't have the luxury of doing anything "fun" on it during the hours of 8 and 5.  Sad but true.  With so much to see on the web I am limited as to how much I can see and and with working full time, I am limited in the time I have to actually go OUT and Christmas shop.  The solution?  

Shop on Facebook.

No, I'm serious.  Think about it.  I am a fan of all kinds of products that I love.  I follow Target, Walmart, Amazon...all of the big stores so when there's something BIG going on, they share it on Facebook.  Then, with the invention of Pinterest, you get people sharing things that they like to see, do and make and then it gives you ideas of what you can, well...see, do and make for the holidays.

I find out about new books from authors that I love, I find out about contests to enter to win stuff for the holidays; really, for me?  Facebook has almost become a one-stop shopping endeavor.  I get to catch up with friends, see what's new in their lives and find out what they are buying and doing for Christmas.  Why?  Because we share EVERYTHING on Facebook!  Even stuff we shouldn't (and you know who you are!).

I found a deal where I can get $5.00 off on Amazon through a link on Facebook.  I found a giveaway that Target was doing, heck, most of my book sales on "The Christmas Cottage" have been generated from posts that I've put out on Facebook!  It's really a great social media resource.

And I wanted to add an addendum from Thursday's post:  "Social Media Marketing".  Another great way to get the word out besides blogging, Facebook, Twitter and the like is Digg.com.  This site allows you to post links to articles that you want to share with the masses.  I think they are primarily looking for news worthy articles but I post the link to my blogs there and it's generating some traffic so THANK YOU, Digg.com.  I greatly appreciate the opportunity to post my ramblings on your site.

So do you find Facebook informative or just a place to go to kill time?  What social media sites do you find to be most helpful?  I'd love to hear about them!

Daily book update!  We have made some MAJOR headway on the lists and I am THRILLED!!!  As of 9:00 this morning the stats are as follows on Amazon:
#42 in Contemporary Women's Fiction
#80 in Contemporary Fiction
#11 in Hot New Releases in Contemporary Women's Fiction
#16 in Hot New Releases in Contemporary Fiction
AND.... Drumroll please...# 627 in Kindle downloads!!!

I am beyond blessed by this endeavor and I am so thankful for all of the support I have received!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great conversation starter, looking forward to seeing what other "socializers" like and use to be more productive and connected.

Awesome news on the book.