CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not Guilty, Your Honor....

I went to bed last night at my usual time of 11:30 and was fortunate enough to fall right to sleep. My husband is a night owl and some nights he simply falls asleep on the couch while watching TV and I never even hear when he comes to bed (if he even does!). Last night he did eventually come to bed at around 3:40 am. He's not quiet and after 13 years, the layout of our bedroom can still be a mystery to him because inevitably he will bump in to something - again, not quietly. So he gets in to bed, gets comfortable and at this point I wake up realizing that I need to use the bathroom. Getting old sucks. By the time I come back to bed - and it was MAYBE three minutes - he is deeply asleep and snoring. So I take out my earplugs (which I hate) and put them in. They're supposed to be soft and comfy but let's be honest, a foreign object in your ear is just plain annoying. By the time I get comfortable again, hubby is snoring like a freight train. I move him, I poke him, I gently ask him to change positions because he is snoring and next thing I know it is 4:20 in the darn morning and I am wide awake! Now I get up and grab a drink - which makes me need to use the bathroom again - and I realize that I still have the earplugs in and even in another room, I can still hear him! At this point, putting a pillow over his face is looking mighty appealing because clearly, it's the only way I'm going to get a good night's sleep. I mean, I have to work in the morning and I am one of those people who NEEDS my sleep. Then I have to remind myself that I love this man and he really can't help the fact that he snores. Well, he can, let's be honest. There are plenty of snore-aids on the market that don't require me to put big, green puffy things in MY ears! I can only hope that if I snap that I get a female judge. She'll know exactly what why I did it!

No comments: