CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spa Hater

Okay, it's true. I hate spas. I hate the idea of them and the thought of going to one does not fill me with all kinds of gooey feelings of anticipation. I don't know why. My 40th birthday is coming up this December and my sister was gracious enough to offer to take me away for a spa weekend. I am extremely grateful for her generosity - she certainly does enjoy a vacation anywhere - but we have very different tastes. I have two good friends that are massage therapists. I can get a massage anytime that I need. There are several spas around that I go to when I want to pamper myself and get a pedicure. I don't do it often, but I do it when I can. I have no finger nails because ....well, I just don't. So the idea of a manicure holds no appeal to me either.

We're all going away together in September to Disney to the Grand Floridian - me, my sister, my mom, my aunt and my cousin. They are all dying to do a spa day. I'm like, look, you all can go and do that, I'll be skipping down Main Street USA by myself and smiling the whole way! First off, if I'm going to spend $100 on anything, it's going to be on something that I am going to use or enjoy again and again. A 45-minute massage for $100 is not going to make me feel good. I mean, sure at the time, it will feel great. But when I leave that little room and have to hand over my $100, I'm just going to be tense again! No, I'd rather spend that money on souvenirs or scapbooking supplies. That is my idea of money well-spent.

So what do I do about my birthday? Hmm...I honestly told her that I thought the Disney trip was going to be my birthday thing. She was surprised because it's so soon before my birthday but I really think that anything above and beyond that would be a waste of money. Maybe I just lack imagination where a weekend away is concerned. Where would I chose to go for a girls-weekend?

I'll let you know when I figure that out.

No comments: