CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Disney Diet - Day 15

I was hungry today. Really hungry. Really, really hungry. I couldn't understand it. I'm never a hungry-in-the-morning person but while I was on the treadmill this morning, I was almost sick with hunger. I ate my usual light breakfast and by 11:00, I was ravenous again! Sitting at the bookstore I was getting slowly drawn to the shelves of chocolatey goodness behind me and almost caved in when I realized that I could eat an early lunch. That's right, I'm allowed! So I make my little lean cuisine shrimp stir-fry and have my snack size cup of fat free pudding, washed it down with a bottle of water and was doing okay. Until 1:00. Now I'm starving again. I did manage to wait until I got home at 3:00 to eat something and even then, I behaved. I ate a half of a small soft tortilla with one slice of provolone and one slice of lean ham, a little spicy brown mustard with some baby carrots on the side and I was fine. I waited a half hour and did another turn on the treadmill and here we are approaching 5:00 and guess who's hungry? Why? I think it's because I increased my intensity on the walking. I was doing an average of 12-16 minutes at 3.2 mph and now I'm up to almost 20 minutes at 3.2. Could that be it?

Okay, but here's how we focus on Disney this week to keep me going: Walking the parks is no small task, so I am trying to focus on getting from ride to ride, with a pep-in-my-step and not huffing and puffing. Besides not wanting to be the fat sister in the pictures, I also would prefer to NOT be the dragging-behind-gasping-for-breath-sister. It's a small goal, but I'm going for it. By this time next month I am hoping to start really thinking about putting a bathing suit on this frame. Yikes.

Think thin, my friends!

No comments: