CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Disney Diet - Day 5

Okay, so I'm on my 5th day of the whole weight loss thing. I have given up my drink of choice - coca cola - completely (and I have the caffeine withdrawal headache to prove it), I have been watching what I eat and walking on the treadmill - a lot. I do a minimum of 30 minutes of walking at around 200 calories in a shot. Not too shabby. Combine that with the whole no soda thing and I have cut back 500 calories a day! Yippy! Which, might I add, is considered the magic number of calories to cut in a day to lose weight.

So, how does this all apply really to the Disney trip? Well, besides the hope of not looking so darn fat in the vacation pictures, I'm also in training for all of the walking that I will be doing. See? This whole diet is multi-purpose! So, I'll be thinnner for better pictures, I'll be able to walk more without sucking wind - and we all know that that ain't pretty to see - and I'm drinking more water which if you don't ask for bottled, it is FREE on the big expensive vacation. I'm always thinking, my friends, always thinking.

So on the last scale check, I have lost 2 whole pounds. A healthy amount, yes, but I'm the kind of person who needs to see a dramatic result to keep me moving and motivated. I saw an infomercial this morning for some weight loss/fitness plan where you melt it off. It's a ball and some DVD's. But with this amazing ball and DVD's, you are guaranteed to lose 5 pounds, 2 inches in the waistline and drop a full size in only 3 days! Damn! THAT's the kind of results that I want! But, in all honesty, I'm not very coordinated. I'd probably drop the ball more times than I can count and being that one whole DVD was dedicated to the diet, I'm thinking it's all just a little too complex for me. Plus, it was a whole lotta money. So I'll stick with my treadmill until it's owner wants it back and then I'll switch over to my Power 90 DVD. Sure, the guy is a little annoying and condescending, but I can hit the mute button if need be.

So off I go to walk some more and pretend that I'm walking from Cinderella's castle over to Pirates of the Caribbean. Think thin!

No comments: