CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

And in this corner...

Okay, so I'm at work today and bracing myself for whatever teen drama gets thrown my way, when suddenly...gasp...one of the mom's want to get involved! One of the "circle" girls mom's approaches me and asks for an 'appointment' to sit down and talk about this whole situation. She's a fairly nice woman; I've talked with her before about the circle drama and so I always kind of felt that we were on the same page. So we pick a date for next week where we will get together - with the kids! - and try and hash this whole thing out. But here's the kicker...she says that she wanted to give me a couple of days to get 'prepared'.

???

What exactly am I preparing for? I mean, after a while, isn't this all just "sticks and stones"? They're kids! Didn't we all say and do stupid things when we were teens? So, while we're on the subject of being prepared, I hope that she doesn't expect to just sit and pass judgement and blast my son because let me tell you, I've got a boatload of information on her daughter that she may not find so wonderful. This is where I'm kind of sneaky. I mean, I'm friendly to the kids, I hang out with them, and they confide in me. I notice when they say one thing and do another. I notice when they are sneaking off to where they shouldn't. And , I do occassionally look at Nick's my space and facebook pages to see what's going on. I'm not proud of it, but I do it. So, I will be suiting up the armor this weekend and gathering all of the information that I can and PRAY that my son has been honest with me in all that has transpired. I can't even imagine what will happen if I am hit with something that I don't know about during this little pow-wow.

Of all the times to be on a diet....

No comments: