CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Update and Getting Old...

Okay so the whole bank issue was settled, right? Well, tonight we tried once again to order this stuff for Frank and again, the transaction was denied. So we were getting ready to call the toll free number when our phone rang. It was the bank. Apparently there was "suspicious action" on our card. Guess what it was?

Our transaction actually going through FOUR TIMES!!!

So, we had to deny the charges, they blocked out my card, are sending me a new one and advised us to call the drum place and get it straightened out with them. We called them several times and I think, I THINK it is all fixed. Meanwhile, there were several minutes of heart palpitations while the bank lady was explaining all of the action on our card! Yikes!

After dinner I took Nick out driving. He is going for his road test tomorrow. I'm not getting overly excited about it because a lot of kids fail their first time out. I'm trying to be positive for his sake but I'm not holding my breath, you know? So we're out driving all over town ,parking, doing three-point-turns and I'm sitting there thinking "God am I old!" I mean, my child could quite possibly have his license tomorrow. He is a senior in high school. He is planning on marrying his girlfriend. I'm sorry but...I'm just too damn young for all of this! Someone make it stop!!

So we get home and I'm calming down and one of my oldest and dearest friends from back home calls me. We laugh like a bunch of loons whenever we're on the phone. Well, she was calling to tell me that at the end of the month, she has to have a hysterectomy. I was blown away. I mean, once again, we are too damn young for this! She was in good spirits and we talked about all of the ways that this is going to be a good thing, but the reality is that 40 is just too young to be thinking about menopause!

So if this whole stupid drum transaction isn't the death of me, apparently being 40 will! Oh, to be young once again!!

No comments: