CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Remember When...

When I was growing up, we always had a pool. Well, until I was around ten years old we did, anyway. But I can remember that during the summer we were in the pool all day long. It was TORTURE to have to get out.

We swam in the morning. We swam all afternoon, and well in to the night. As a matter of fact, it was an extra treat to be able to swim at night. I swam laps like a fish. I would jump off the diving board and swim the length of the pool underwater in a flash.

Swimming Stace of today?

Today I was in the pool for a little over an hour, in a large tube, just doing slow laps from one end of the pool to another just using my legs.

And I was tired.

Sure I got a great lower body workout but when we climbed the steps to get out of the pool? Well, let's just say that I was a little less than graceful! I long for the days of childhood when I had the stamina to actually SWIM! Well, maybe if I did I wouldn't NEED the exercise, I'd just be doing it for the fun of it.

Oh, the glory of youth.

No comments: