CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Of Marathons and Men...

So the training has begun. Nothing major, just another good three mile walk. It felt good. I felt good when it was done. I have not done any major changes to my diet as of yet. What is amazing me the most is the reaction of family and friends to this whole idea. I was thinking that people would be excited for us and encouraging. Apparently, not so much. Maybe we're not as committed to finishing things as we like to think we are. But that's okay. Me, personally, I am not doing this for anyone else's approval. I am doing it for me. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time and so I am doing it. My face will not be on the front of a Wheaties box, there will be no "endorsement" deals, I will just feel good about myself.

Frank is kind of quiet about this whole endeavor. He is neither cheering nor is he telling me not to do it. I was kind of hoping for him to choose a side of the fence but he has not as of yet. We'll see how that all goes.

We had a weird morning this morning. One minute we were laughing and joking and then in the blink of an eye, everything was different. I won't go in to specifics (for his sake) but he said something, then I said something. I thought we were joking but apparently he did not think so. Things got ugly. I slammed some doors, he refused to let me finish getting ready when I needed to...it was just a crappy way to start the day.

Why is it that everything a man says to a woman is a joke, but what a woman says in a joking way is taken seriously? I just don't get it. Either way, my morning was crap. We left without saying good-bye to each other and I pray that I don't come to regret that. We're both working all day and then he is going to play with the band right from work. He did that last week and when I went to bed early and missed his coming home, he was in a snit about that. So I guess I will have to stay up late for his sake and be the good wife.

Being the good wife sucks sometimes.


No comments: