CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weight Watchers!!

Okay, I caved. I gave in - or gave up, depends on how you look at it - and joined Weight Watchers. Since becoming unemployed, I've spent a LOT of time sitting in front of the computer writing. That is a good thing for my inner-writer, not so good for my big, fat butt!

I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and so a friend and I are buddying up and going. I'm a little nervous and even though I knew I had gained weight, at that last doctor's appointment, they almost needed the cardiac cart after I got off of the scale because I was so in shock at the number. Not a good feeling.

You know what the funny thing is, I went to TWO different doctors for two different things. I got weighed at both appointments and while I was HORRIFIED by what I saw, only one doctor was like "Lose 25 pounds and you'll feel better". I mean, clearly, I am overweight. My friend Michelle and I used to joke that we have the opposite of anorexia - we look in the mirror and think that we're thin! I no longer feel that way. I look in the mirror and I want to cry. I don't know how I let this happen but I cannot let it continue. But I digress, shouldn't these doctors be a little bit more concerned about my weight? I mean, I'm not like 20 pounds overweight, I'm more like 40 pounds overweight. And you know what? I just don't feel sassy anymore! I liked feeling sassy. I looked good being sassy.

No sass for Stace right now. Not yet. By Nick's graduation, I'm going to command a catwalk be set up so I can strut up on to that stage. Oh, wait, that's HIS day, not mine. But still, where else can I find an event where I can pull a catwalk off?

*Today's Examiner.com article is on 50 field trips in 50 states. It is part one of a 5 part series. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

10 comments:

Nani said...

hey congrats! hey thought it was a secret?

Nani said...

wait a minute 40pds! no way girl- you would blow away!

Roo said...

I think what your Dr was doing was telling you to do something realistic. Yes, you might be 40# overweight, but go for the smaller goals first. Then you won't feel defeated when you have only the one larger goal that take much longer to achieve. Smaller multiple goals are better and more encouraging than ONE LARGE goal. Good luck my friend!

A.Marie said...

I know what you mean about not feeling sassy...I don't feel sassy, either, but, don't hate me for this, it's because I am disease-skinny. Yuck.

Okay, back to you...Good For You for recognizing the need for a change. Weight Watchers is a great way to do that! You Are Going to Lose and You Will Feel The Sass Again!!!! :)

Oh, who cares about it being Nick's Day..Set up the Catwalk anyway! HAHA!

Note to your son: I'm just kidding you, Nick, I KNOW it's YOUR Day, but, hey, Youcan share with your Mom, can YOU??!! :)

Unknown said...

i am in the same condition, sad, but true. since i have been out of work for over a year i haven't gotten any exercise. it's not that i am eating more, just don't do anything. i have seriously been thinking about getting the wii fit or active or whatever it's called. good luck sweetie!

hugz!

Patricia Rockwell said...

I always found that my doctors never told me to lose weight even though I knew I needed to do so. However, when I started to lose weight, I found my doctors were very supportive. You go, girl. If Weight Watchers works for you, bravo!

Windie said...

I'm so proud of you.And your still sassy girl. You can do anything you set your mind to. I believe in you. I have to say that I missed ya. I haven't blogged during the holiday. But...I'm back. I hope to see you there soon.

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Good Luck Stace! I'm about 60 pounds overweight, and I'm actually blogging about it-UGH- so I'll be following your progress:)

Jen said...

I want to be sassy again too. Blogging and writing has done wonders for my soul and paycheck but my ass is bigger than it has ever been (except when I was pregnant of course).

Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking a first step and good luck! I just lost 40 pounds with exercise and eating right. Ive got a blog as well. stop by for tips and motivation!

http://www.fitnessachievement.com