CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We're almost back to normal here...

But what is normal, anyway? Life picks up a crazy pace starting with Thanksgiving and goes through until mid-January. We've got my birthday in December, then Christmas and then all three males in my life have January birthdays. We've just gotten through Nick's and next we have Frank's and Michael's - on the SAME day this weekend. I will be greatly relieved when there is no more cake in my house.

It's been freakishly cold here in NC too and I'm just about done with that. In the morning when we take Michael to school it's been around 19 degrees. So not fun for doing the carpool thing. We're supposed to get in to the low 50's for daytime high's later in the week. It will feel downright balmy.

You know, I love the holidays, everything's festive looking and you make an effort to get together with friends and whatnot, but I'm kind of looking forward to a little alone time. This week is going to be crazy for me. I have something to do and someplace to be every day. I know that this is the norm when you are employed and all but for me, with the way life has been these last six months, it feels wild and intimidating and exhausting. Man, when did I turn in to such a wuss?

Nick is working, Frank is working, I'm still hitting the big penny-a-page thing at Examiner. I really need to find more writing jobs that actually PAY more than that. I submitted one of my manuscripts to an agent last week and now I sit and play the waiting game. Some day, some day I will get an acceptance letter from a REPUTABLE agency that seriously wants to do something with my book. I've gotten accepted twice but both turned out to be less than reputable. Live and learn.

For now I'll have to settle for living the dream of piles of laundry waiting to be washed, dried and folded and washing dishes by hand...somehow it just doesn't seem to cut it.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the Chapel Hill Homeschoolers resource fair. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

5 comments:

carol at A Second Cup said...

Don't throw brownies at me but at least to do have washing machines. Ducking now.

Roo said...

I understand about needing so quiet time. I am so looking forward to staying home and doing my own thing this weekend. Yes... I have some things that I must do, but for the most part I'm shutting out the world and doing my own thing. I haven't been able to do that since before Thanksgiving!!!! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Windie said...

Hang in there Stacey. The person that wrote the Twilight saga struggled.And also the person that wrote the Harry Potter books got laughed at and turned down over and over.You always make me laugh. And your easy to identify with. Thanks for being real.

Windie said...

Hang in there Stacey. The person that wrote the Twilight saga struggled.And also the person that wrote the Harry Potter books got laughed at and turned down over and over.You always make me laugh. And your easy to identify with. Thanks for being real.

Jessie said...

Some people need more alone time than others. Mothers NEVER get enough. Take it when you can get it! Slow down, drink some tea, read a book, do your favorite craft. Alone time rocks!