CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

He's in the Double-Digits Now!

My little bean was born three weeks early after a HEINOUS pregnancy that was came to be truly through the grace of God (and spiritual healing after 7 years of infertility!). He was born on Frank's birthday. Michael was such a different child than Nick and add that to the fact that there are 8 years between the two and it was like being a parent for the first time all over again!

Michael is my snuggler. Every morning when he gets up for school, he climbs in to bed with me for 15 minutes of "snuggle time" while we watch the morning news. He picks flowers for me. He still likes to hold my hand. He has this mop of curly hair that after 10 years, I still can't figure out what to do with!

Mic
hael was born here in NC and so most of our family has only seen him a handful of times. But that doesn't phase him. While not as outgoing as Nick, Michael still loves to be with everyone and if you've got the patience, he can tell you all kinds of things that he's learned on the History Channel or the Discovery Channel. On our last visit with my grandmother, Michael told her about his coin collection and she gave him a container FILLED with pennies. You would have thought that he'd won the lottery.

He's athletically gifted although we haven't found any one sport that he is particularly interested in yet so we're waiting before signing him up for anything. He is my blue-eyed boy. My tiny bean. He is my miracle from God - literally. I prayed so long for him and I can't imagine our lives without him. As I sit here typing this, he is sitting in his room with his best friend playing the Xbox and just laughing his head off. He has the greatest laugh! When he was three, I once asked him why he was so cute. His response? Because God made me that way.

He certainly did. Happy Tenth Birthday, my little boy!

Oh, and just so that he's not left out...I didn't think he'd want to be acknowledged in the title with his age, but look who's 46! Two of my three favorite guys in the whole wide world and they share a birthday. How cool is that? I am a very blessed woman. I have had the privilege of having this wonderful man love me for more than twenty years!! Not many people can say that! Life is a roller coaster (have you seen the movie "Parenthood"?) and there is no one else in the world that I would rather ride it with than Frank. I love you, baby! You are my world and I thank God every day for you and for the unconditional love that you have given me. You are my greatest gift. Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday to Michael! (My kids are almost 8 years apart too.)

A Lil Enchanted said...

Happy Birthday to Michael... what a sweet and handsome lil guy!

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

carol at A Second Cup said...

What a sweety. Happy birthday to both your boys.

Unknown said...

happy happy birthday to both of the lucky men in your life! may they have many many more!

hugz!

Lola said...

Happy Birthday to Michael! What great photos of him with Mom and Dad!

Frugal Vicki said...

You have the absolute best posts to your kids on their birthdays. I love them. I really like that picture of the two of you. It is priceless!

Unknown said...

Your son is indeed a quite handsome young lad! (Um, he didn't ask for a life-sized poster of Moon Zappa for his room--did he?)

Nani said...

love the pics of you guys...

CastoCreations said...

OMG this makes my eyes tear up! My little boy is almost 4 months old and he is such a blessing and miracle. I had a bad pregnancy too and his arrival was so welcome. :) I cannot imagine 10 years from now. I look forward to the journey.

And I love your blog. THIS is why I love Entrecard. :) Discovering new blogs.