CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bait & Switch at Wal-Mart!

Okay, so you all know that I am ready to buy my laptop. Yes, we decided that even though I had gotten the used one, it just couldn't do what I wanted it to do so I'm getting a new one.

I searched and researched and asked questions of everyone that I know and I found one in my price-range that I really liked and did EVERYTHING that I wanted it to do. It's at Wal-Mart.

Actually, it's not.

Ever.

Never-ever-never...

Seriously, I have been going there for weeks, searching the web-site to see which stores have it in stock and even when the website says that it does, it doesn't. What happens when I go to the store? "Oh, sorry, but why don't you get THIS one" - and it's normally one that is $100 or more expensive! I mean, if you are NOT going to sell this item anymore, then for the love of it, take the display down! Otherwise you are falsely advertising for a product in hopes of people coming in for that one - at a great price - and then convince them to buy a more expensive one.

THIS IS A SCAM!!!! A BIG FAT INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE SCAM!!!

After a 90 minute trip today, I hit my breaking point. I kind of went off on the salesgirl and then came home and wrote a nasty e-mail to both stores that I have been dealing with. I am so NOT amused with this.

Wal-mart SUCKS!!

Update- After dinner tonight I took a chance and went on to Best Buy's website and guess what? They had the same brand computer that I wanted from Wal-Mart, with all of the same options, more memory, different model number for THE SAME PRICE!!! And as if that wasn't enough, the site said that my local store had it in stock and that I could order it on-line and pick it up in the store! Within 45 minutes! So guess what I am typing on right now?

MY NEW LAPTOP!!!

It's so pretty!!! I'm a little in love right now. Frank is fearful that it will be sleeping in his place tonight.

We'll see...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Stace, you have indeed been greatly blessed by not being allowed to purchase your new laptop from Wal-Mart. For they advertise their "stuff" as being just like what you can get at other places, but it is not! In reality, they buy seconds much of the time, and it is for this reason that they can sell items for often a lot less than their competitors. Of course, in areas where they don't have much competition, the price reflects it. Besides, with their in-house service department, Best Buy is a much better place to buy high-end electronics, anyway.

Grampy said...

Congratulations. I hope Frank has plenty of blankets for the couch.LOL

Lola said...

I was going to recommend that you check out Best Buy. That's where I got my laptop.

Karen said...

Way to go! I think buying it at Best Buy is a good idea in case you need service. I'll bet you are having so much fun!

My mother in-law jokingly asked my husband if I slept with my laptop. He had to lie and say no. LOL

Unknown said...

I'm glad you didn't go with Walmart - they are the worst. I never shop there, I think they try these sorts of tactics all the time (and I completely agree with FishHawk!)...

Becki said...

Yay! Glad you finally got your new laptop!

Mrs Sweetwater said...

sugarpie, stop by my blog at midnite or after tonite; because I've posted all about your favorite storeeee..

Mrs Sweetwater said...

oh I forgot to say check Microcenter for your laptop; they're the best in price, service and variety. got a note from them today for a notebook for $500. yepper

Nani said...

FYI for the future- Best Buy will give the Walmart price for the same item if they carry it- so next time- even if BB does not have it at the same price just show them the Walmart ad and get the cheaper price and much better customer service-

A Lil Enchanted said...

Congrats on your new laptop Stace!!! I just have to ask... how are you liking the new Windows 7??? I got a new desk top because 2 days before Christmas my old finally died... a sad slow death... fortunately I was able to save all of my files since we realized what was happening... it's been coming for a while. But I have to say that even though I'm happy to have a new computer... I'm not liking the new Windows 7... or the new Incredimail most of all.... and now the EC toolbar will not install either... I guess it's not yet compatible with the new Windows.

I want my new PC with my old Incredimail.... my old Windows XP... and all of my old programs back :(

Why does everything have to change... and not always for the better...

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Frugal Vicki said...

I have to tell you, it isn't just Wal-Mart, I have noticed that Target puts "sale" tags right over regular tags. If you peek, the regular price is less than the sale! That is ridiculous!
I am glad you got a new laptop. I love mine!