CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Zappa Plays Zappa

So I'm sure you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats wondering how I made out Wednesday night at the Zappa Plays Zappa concert. I'm happy to report that I not only survived it but kind of had a good time.

We went out for some Chinese food first and then drove in to Raleigh, got a great parking spot and got on the line to wait for the doors to open. At that point, I was the YOUNGEST person on the line. And if I do say so myself, the hottest. I was looking pretty darn good that night. Why I put in the effort, I'm not sure. But dressing pretty made me feel better about going out.

Anyway, the place was tiny - Like an old movie theater but with no seats. There was a U-shaped balcony with some stools and that's where we went because there was no way I was going to stand the whole time. So we're sitting there with one hour to go until show time and I'm surrounded by drunk 60 year old men! It was so freakin bizarre! As the time got closer I started seeing kids walking around with their parents - I thought that was a little strange, too.

The show starts and I have to admit, they were AMAZING!! I was shocked. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was so NOT my kind of music but the band was honestly and truly amazing. And can I just say...Dweezil Zappa is just still so darn adorable! I mean, he was a hottie in the 80's and he's still a hottie now. It made the show a lot more tolerable to have some eye candy.

They played for 2 solid hours and really the last 45 minutes kind of rough for me. I had a good time, I enjoyed myself, but at that point it was just time to go. It was an early night - we were home by 11:15 but I still felt like we had a fun night out. I was a good wife, I gave my husband a great birthday present that he truly loved and I got a night out.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Grampy said...

Good job Stace. I am glad your husband enjoyed it. I am also glad it wasn't too rough on you.
Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

dressing up a little always does something for me too. i'm glad you had a good time.

hugz!

Da Dude said...

God! I'm old enough to remember "the Mothers of Invention" and when Dweezil was born.

Becki said...

Glad you had a good time. And good for you for being a good sport :)

Unknown said...

Told ya!!!

virtue said...

it's cool :)