CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Back to Walking Away the Pounds

Week two on Weight Watchers. It's getting a bit better. What I have come to realize with great annoyance is that my body just refuses to let go of any weight unless I exercise. I am SO not an activity type of gal and so the fact that I have to not only eat less but to have to exercise on top of it, well, let's just say that it ticks me off.

So I pulled out the Walk Away the Pounds DVD and for the last few days I have been doing the three mile, high calorie burn walk. I will begrudgingly admit that I do feel good. I still wish that I had the treadmill back or could afford to go to the gym but that's not going to happen.

Actually, yesterday I bought a Dancing With the Stars toning workout DVD. It has 3 fifteen minute routines. I watched it yesterday and well, let's just say that I may very well hurt myself doing even the most "basic" of steps. I was a dancer back in the day but I guess I just don't even think that I could attempt some of these steps now.

Oh, well...I guess I'll just keep walking off those stupid pounds! Dang it!

*Today's Examiner.com article is on Groundhog Day activities at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

6 comments:

mariel said...

Stace, I am laughing at the thought of YOU doing "dancing with the Stars"...you go, girl!!! heehee! I so miss seeing you at the store!

Buggys said...

I would just stick to watching the Dancing with the Stars! I bet you'll burn a few calories watching, maybe a little chair dancing!

jenn said...

Good for you for doing something...I need to get motivated. I want the biggest loser wii game and the wii fit...maybe then I'll get off my butt.

Good luck!

bingkee said...

Your dancing skills back then will come back to you effortlessly.....jsut start doing it.
Dancing is the best exercise for me and that is why I never have trouble keeping my weight .
Hope you have fun and be on your way to your goal successfully.

Janiss said...

In my other life (when I'm not "editor" to my blogging cat), I review exercise DVDs, and even I (an enthusiastic, intermediate exerciser) get something out of the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs. I usually add impact to Leslie Sansone's moves, though, or I don't work up enough of a sweat. God, you probably hate me already! :-) But I do love exercising, mainly because it really DOES make you feel great.

I really didn't come here to plug my exercise DVD review site (I showed up to read your latest entry and drop the EC card - yours is one of the blogs I spend extra time at), but you might want to check it out - www.yourexercisedvds.com. Every year I make up a Top Ten list, and you might find that helpful.

Petula said...

Can you come by to get me so I can walk with you?