CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Hate Reading a Good Book...

Okay, so I love to read. I am a girly-girl about that and love to read all things contemporary romance. It's what I write, too. I am a huge fan of Nora Roberts - it's a law if you read romance.

Anyway, I tend to always be behind in what's popular and "new" out there in the literary world. I stumble upon books that are wonderful but were written years ago. She (Nora) does a lot of series stories where there are about four books in the series. Now when you stumble upon these years after they are published, you can read them all at once and have a sense of satisfaction when you are done - particularly if it was a good series.


Well, I stumbled upon one of her series...but it's new. NEW! Who c
ould believe it! It's her bride quartet series and I read the first one, just grabbed the second one and guess what? The third one (and next in line, mind you) doesn't come out until MAY of 2010!!! What am I supposed to do until then? And as if that wasn't bad enough, she gives you a sample of book three at the end of book two! A prologue AND part of chapter one. I'm already hooked and I've got FIVE MONTHS to wait!!

Darn me for being up to date!!!

3 comments:

Grampy said...

Guess you'll just have to grin and bear it. Don't forget to mark it on the calendar.

Anne said...

I love finding series that have been completed. I can't stand to wait either. Have you read everything she has written or are there other books you can discover in the meantime?

Frugal Vicki said...

hee hee. I also hate when they don't CLEARLY mark which book is first second etc so you don't realize until too late that you are out of order. I've had that happen in the James Patterson series