CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weight Watchers Rant

Okay, so last night I went for my first weigh-in at Weight Watchers.  One of the things that I usually love about starting a new diet - especially Weight Watchers - is that BIG number on the first week.  I mean, you are changing the way you eat, making healthier choices, blah, blah, blah.  So how did I do on the big first week?

A half a pound.

A half-a-freakin-stupid-pound.

Can I just tell you how much self control it took to not stomp out of the building as soon as I got off of the scale? I was PISSED.  Royally.  I did SO good this week.  I logged everything that I ate, I even at fruit (which I despise!), I stayed in my point range and then, even after going out for dinner with the girls Friday night, I didn't even use up my EXTRA points that you are allotted!  I gave up my coca-cola, I drank water like I had been wandering in the Sahara for a month!  I bought baked chips.  I skipped on the pizza.  I weighed my damn food.  And for what?

A half of a pound.

So now, as if that's not bad enough, I'll give you a little TMI - I can't even poo properly since going on this diet!  I eat more veggies than a person should have to, I eat the fruit, I'm drinking the water, and yet I can't poo!    What is up with that???

Pissed.  Beyond pissed.  So pissed that I want to hunt down every skinny person and slap them and force them to eat cake!  Life is so not fair.  At this rate I'll reach my goal weight when I'm 94.

4 comments:

Monique said...

Awwwwwwww! Well, maybe you were just holding onto a little extra water weight? So next week you will have your big number (hopefully).

I remember when I started Weight Watchers way back when and my husband decided to join with me. I worked so hard and followed the plan and drank water and exercised. Meanwhile he slacked off and did everything wrong.

He lost 5 pounds the first week to my 1. Needless to say after a few weeks of that, I stopped going to WW's all together.

Good luck next week!!

Beth said...

Oh, I feel your pain! :-( Try drinking some coffee - that helps me stay regular. I'll bet that you'll see your big drop next week once you get rid of that ... umm ... extra baggage ... or something ... !

Don't let it make you throw in the towel - you've done a great job this week!

Shelly said...

Holdin' in all that poo is your problem. I'm sure you've thought of that.

I get on my Wii board every day and watch it go up and down. lose a little, gain a little. I've made no progress. Diet is next, but just saying that makes me want Taco Bell.

Let me know when you find something that works, will ya?

Lin said...

Oh, week two will be a lot better. Just make sure you up your water intake--it makes a huge difference. Hang in there--you are at least going to the meetings while my fat butt is home.