CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Funeral I Will Not See...

I told you all last week how my uncle had passed away. I tried everything that I could to find a way to be up in NY for his funeral, but it just was not possible. I am deeply saddened at the thought of not being there to say good-bye. Now I know that I can still say good-bye in my own way, blah, blah, blah, but honestly, I really wanted to do that in person.

Now, knowing my family as you do, you know that there are going to be some 'fly on the wall' moments that I just wish I could witness first-hand. For example: My dad is flying up (this was his brother) and is again staying with my mom and my sister. I don't care that I witnessed this bizarre phenomenon with my own eyes a couple of weeks ago, it is still weird to me! So, seeing the two of them interact with one another is always entertaining. Now, throw in to the mix, my dad's OTHER brother who is also flying in with his wife and they, too, will be staying with my mom and my sister. My sister keeps in touch with no one. This uncle flying in is her godfather and I don't think they've spoken in YEARS. My mom, of course, has not seen or spoken to these people probably since 1985. So there should be some awkward breakfast conversation, I am sure. Then there's the whole wake/funeral itself. My mom is going with dad to this. Do you know how weird that is going to look for all of my dad's family who haven't seen them together in 30 years? Do you know how many times people are going to ask them if they are back together? Just to hear that sentence ONCE would have been worth the cost of airfare! I have a weird sense of humor, I know.

So, here I sit at work. I'm hungry and can't eat yet because I have a customer lurking around. Bummer. I will not get to hear any of the details until tomorrow night - and you know how impatient I am! I'll try to keep myself extra busy. Now if only I could eat...

No comments: