CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Cornerstone Chronicles: Day One

Okay, so the boys got on the road this morning around ten and were surprised that they could even sleep last night.  They contemplated leaving last night but decided to actually sleep first.  

Nick's called me twice today - like a good son - and was just giddy with the whole experience.  They are on the road from North Carolina to Illinois.  I gotta be honest with you, I have no idea what form of Mapquest they used because their route seems to be a bit different from the one I looked up.  

The first call came when they were near the Virginia/West Virginia line.  They were at a rest-stop and getting ready for Nick to take over the driving.  He has no problem with driving on the major highways and Interstates so that's a good thing.  The second call came from Kentucky.  Nick was getting ready to drive again through in to Indiana.  The further away he gets, the more excited he gets and the more my heart lodges in my throat...


I'm a weenie, I know.


They will probably hit the site somewhere around 2 a.m. and they are just going to apparently get in the line with the other cars that will reach around 13 miles long at some point on Monday.  The lot and camp sites don't open up until noon on Monday so tonight could be a LONG night for them with a lot of just sitting around in the car.  Fun.


So today was good; he was in contact.  We'll see what happens tomorrow when the shows actually start and he is in the midst of the excitement...

No comments: