CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 7, 2011

Amazingly enough, time does NOT stand still...

As a parent,  you have the responsibility of teaching certain life necessities to your children.  How to walk, how to talk, how to have good manners at the table, tie your shoes, tell time, etc.  Then, as your child gets older and goes to school, the teacher then reinforces all of these things.

How is it, then, that I happen to have a child with NO sense of time???  I mean, we have a discussion DAILY on time:  it's time to get up, it's time to get ready for school, it's time to go to the bus stop, it's time to do your homework, it's time for dinner and it's time for bed.  We are fairly routine-oriented people.  Wake up is at 6:30, he leaves for the bus at 7:13, homework is to be started at 5:00, dinner is promptly at 7:00 and bedtime is 10:00.  

It doesn't seem to matter what is going on but whenever I mention the time the response is usually "WHAT?  ALREADY?"  Yes, son, time does not stop because you are sleeping, eating, playing a video game or whatever.  I'm getting kind of tired of the whole darn thing.  I mean, we have clocks in every room - sometimes more than one!  What time it is and what that time signifies should come to no great surprise DAILY.

I think it's time for me but him a timer...

No comments: