Saturday, August 28, 2010

Today's post is brought to you by the number "1"...

...Because it's the loneliest number.

(Insert pitiful, sad music here)

I am telling you, today was the WORST day!  I know, I know, I've been saying that a LOT lately, but it is so dang true today!  Why?  You'd think I'd be happy with my new bathroom and the fact that someone actually called Frank about some work.  But no...that would be too easy.

After two weeks of waiting for my landlord to clean up the yard (which he has told me FOUR TIMES that he is sending someone over) we went outside to do it ourselves.  Now, Frank had a hissy-fit with the boys, telling them that they better be careful because there were nails in the wood, wear good shoes, pay attention, blah, blah, blah and then guess who steps on a nail?  FRANK!  So on the same foot as the spider bite, now he has a puncture wound from a rusty nail.  His tetnus shot is up to date so he's fine but really?  Spider bite AND rusty nail??

We fought with Nick because he went out and bought HIMSELF lunch and never bothered to ask anyone if they wanted anything.  So when he came home and Michael asked if he could have some of the pizza, Nick was like "NO...I bought this with MY money!"  Again, are you kidding me???  We fought on THAT one for like 20 minutes.

We pack up the back of the van TWICE with debris in the yard from the bathroom renovation and my landlord does a drive by and is like "You're not throwing out the things I want, are you?"  REALLY???  Can someone PLEASE give me a break!  We threw out stuff that was rotten, covered in nails and mold and do you know that bastard got out of his truck and dug through the dumpster and pulled some random pieces of wood out?  

So we get through the yard clean up,  I mow the lawn, we fought over lunch, we fought over another disagreement that Frank and Nick had, I finally convince Frank that TODAY we are going to fight for our rights face-to-face with the landlord and I go to sit down and type up our bill for labor and... the computer froze and would not work.

That was it.  I was done.  I literally had a breakdown.  I crawled in my bed and cried for like an hour.  My head still hurts 7 hours later I cried so hard.  I just cannot believe the crap that is going on here.  I feel like we are in the fiery pit of hell and it just keeps getting worse.  Everyone is walking on eggshells around me and I just ate like a dozen Enteman's chocolate chip cookies and feel sick.

If I had someplace to go, I would so get in my car and just be by myself for like a week.  I totally need someplace peaceful with no one around me to feel human again. 

No comments: