CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Leg Stress

So I've been having some pretty major leg pains lately. I mean, bad enough that I have to take something for the pain. It would start on the outside of my knees and radiate out from there. At first I thought it was from the walking but since getting sick, I haven't done any power walking. So I mention this to my mom the other day on the phone and she tells me it's my desk chair causing the pain and the fact that I am sitting at my desk all day.

And you know what? She's right!

I'm now in search of a desk chair that will alleviate the pain and be affordable to me. Not a simple task, I can tell you that! I went on line (because I am already here!) and searched Walmart.com and then Staples.com. Both had chairs that would work except the Walmart one actually SAID that it helped with leg stress. So I hopped in the car and drove to both places - because they are each within 5 miles of my house - and neither store had those chairs in stock! They were both on-line purchases only. What are the odds of that?? Then, because I wasn't annoyed enough, the guy at Staples looked at me like I had 12 heads when I mentioned needing a chair that would help with my leg stress. How do you sell office furniture and not know about that?

Needless to say I am still sitting on my desk chair that came with my bedroom set when I was 13 years old (hard chair - formal, like a dining room chair) except now I have a pillow on it. The pillow has helped a little but not much.

The seach continues...

*Today's Examiner.com article is on homeschooling during the holidays. You can read it HERE. Thanks!! *

8 comments:

A.Marie said...

Hi there!

When I used to work for a major corporation, in Word Processing, the same thing would happen to us gals there. One way that we would alleviate the strain on our legs was to prop them up. We would get special stools or some of us would just prop them up on the bar that held the desk legs together.

Either way, it helped!

carol at A Second Cup said...

I have heard sitting on an exercise ball can help with pressure on legs and back.

Rachele said...

I can't imagine sitting at a desk all day...in any chair. When I blog and surf I'm in a swivel chair with my legs propped on an ottoman and my laptop on...my lap. I did incur some discoloration on my thigh from the heat when I first got it. I swear it took FOREVER to go away. I now have a tv tray under it to prevent burning. Hope you find the right chair and can get rid of the pain.

jenn said...

I sit in a chair that came from a doctor's office waiting room, and didn't even think that it could cause stress. I am interested to see what kind of chair you end up with, and I want to know if it really helps with the pain.

Tanyia said...

You know I have had the same problem lately. I; however, have a great, comfy chair...but I still think it it bothering my legs :( bah!

This is my first time at your blog, but I will back!

A Lil Enchanted said...

I hope you find a nice comfy affordable chair soon... I can imagine how uncomfortable the chair you're sitting in is. When I first got a computer (12 years ago!... can't believe it's been that long) I had to sit in a straw bottomed cane back chair... it was sooo uncomfortable!

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Frugal Vicki said...

I work from home, so I have to have a nice chair, and even then I make sure to move and stretch a lot. Plus, I would drink a lot of water to avoid charlie horses at night if you are already having leg pain.

Petula said...

I hope you find a chair that works. I have a stool under my desk that I often prop my feet on. I have to continually move anyway 'cause too long in one spot causes pain for me... Make sure to get up as often as you can to stretch.