CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life!

Pah-ha!! How funny is that? That is the statement of a perpetually perky person (say that ten times fast!) who views their world as the glass is half full. Me? It all depends on the day.

Today was a "glass is half empty" kind of day. I am tired of being off from work - thank GOD I go back on Monday. Frank finally has work again - Monday. The kids get back to school - Monday. Right now is sort of a long-boring-get-out-of-my-face-never-ending-moment. I've had enough of family "together" time and am ready to get back to some sort of routine. I had a last 'hoorah' today of many of my favorite things. I ate four brownie bites with chocolate icing. MAN were they good. I had a glass of coca cola with dinner. Very cold, very fizzy, very yummy. But now that I have been back on my thyroid medication for about a month, it's time to get back to living well. It's time to start eating right again - and believe me, I would have done it sooner but who can concentrate on eating healthy during the holidays? Um, NOT ME! Personally, I have enjoyed the cake, the cookies, the candy. I have enjoyed sleeping late and staying in jammies for long periods of time. It has been a hoot baking cinnamon rolls at 10 pm - but all of these things have to come to an end. I'm not going cold turkey, mind you. I am slowly weaning myself away from these things.

Starting tomorrow.

I am going to attempt to go back to the days of my Disney dieting which is really going to be hard to do because at least when I was doing that there was an AWESOME trip as a reward - with lots of pictures of me looking, well...awesome. Notice the 'shout out' to my new step-mom? Anyway, now that my thyroid is on the mend and the holidays are over, I am prepared to show a little discipline in my life and get back on track because I really and truly do feel like crap. I plan on getting myself a new journal and staring from square one. Did you know that people who write down all that they eat while dieting or trying to lose weight lose more? It's true, believe me, I've done the research. So I will go back to the journal, I'll go back to my 1 egg for breakfast, and I will get back to exercising - which sucks because the treadmill is gone. Now I have a gazelle. I don't sweat on the gazelle. I glide. Like a gazelle. Hence the name. It's fun but it's tame and I don't think I'll have the same results but I am willing to try. I have to get a soundtrack for it because I don't think my 80's disco music will flow as nicely while gazelle-ing. Who knows? I'll have to try. I will go back to my 8 glasses of water a day and perhaps throw in the Power 90 DVD once in a while.

Brace yourselves, friends, it's another dieting adventure. We're supposed to go to the coast with Frank's sister in April. Maybe that will be my inspiration. His sister is a damn twig. It would be nice to not look like two of her this year. It's not as fun as a Disney vacation but I'm willing to give it a shot. Wish me luck!

No comments: