CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Where there's smoke, there's stupidity...

Yesterday Nick had a friend come over to hang out. I like this kid, he's nice enough and though a little scatter-brained, he's relatively harmless. It's nice that I'm liking my son's friends again. The dark days of 'the circle' are gone and some really nice people are being introduced into our lives.

So they're here not doing much of anything when Nick says that they're going to go out for a walk. Okay, not a big deal. I'm sitting on the couch vegging (and FYI, LOVED it!) when I start hearing firecrackers. Not once. Not twice. We're talking a lot in a ten minute time span. I walk to the back door and look outside and can see the boys in the field. I call out to Nick and ask if they are the ones with the firecrackers and he says "yes" - apparently Ben brought them over. I ask him to knock it off but he can't hear me over the sound of yet another firecracker being thrown. I repeat myself and then he says "okay". Fine. We're done.

Ten minutes later the back door opens and I hear the sound of BOTH of my son's voices plus the friend. Then I hear water running and the voices lower. My curiosity finally piqued and I asked them what was going on. It turns out that not only did they have firecrackers, they had smoke bombs too!! Oy! When I told them to knock it off, apparently Ben (the friend) put a smoke bomb in his pocket - feeling secure because they had all been duds. Well, guess what? The one in his pants wasn't!! As I approached the boy the first thing I notice is the smell of smoke. The next is the big black mark on his pants. And you know what? It actually did look a little like a Wyle E. Coyote Acme bomb mark! Who knew?

Luckily the boy was fine. He wasn't hurt in any way, shape or form. His pants on the other hand are probably done for. It was kind of funny. An hour and a half later I could STILL smell the smoke on him. It's things like this that tell you WHY you need to read the warning labels on everything!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

No comments: