CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Monday, Let the Drama Begin...

I have to be honest, I did NOT want to get up this morning and come to work. Monday is usually a high-drama day and I just couldn't get up the energy to want to deal with it. I always laughed at those teen dramas on TV but I have learned, first hand, that they are not that far off the mark.

I lucked out first thing with the fact that our resident crier was not in class today. THAT was a huge relief for me. It's pretty much been a pleasant day without having to start it out with high emotions. So where's the drama, you ask? Well, just because one member of the cast is out does not mean that the rest go quietly, you know? Actually, some of the drama began last night. Nick was out all day yesterday with his beautiful girlfriend and they met a former "circle" member for coffee. During their time together this circle-girl told them of all of the inappropriate things that Little Koresh (remember him?) did to her and one of the other circle girls. I wasn't surprised by this revelation but it was nice to hear someone else freely admit what I had been seeing all along. This boy should not be allowed to be alone with any girls of any age. I felt bad that this girl had to have such an experience but when I tried to talk to her AND her mother about what this boy was doing at the time, no one wanted to listen to me. Oh, well, there's only so much I can do.

I didn't get my snow today like I wanted - but it's in the forecast for tomorrow and I cannot wait. The crier wasn't here this morning. The sticky-fingered teens behaved themselves today - I had a team of people on look out with me. The next drama came in the form of a young lady who takes classes with us who has a highly elevated sense of self. I mean REALLY elevated. She is isolating many, many people with her condescending tone and she doesn't seem to care. Today I had four separate individuals complain about her. Tomorrow - if there are classes - she will be here and there are at least three students in that class who complain about her each week. I'm trying to figure out how to approach this girl with love and explain to her that she is hurting many feelings. I don't know if I will be able to actually do it. Again, not big on confrontation - even in love. Perhaps I should go back to school and get a degree in psychology - apparently it's in big demand.

So here I sit in the store during a quiet time. I think the drama wave has passed for the day. I will have peace until Wednesday. I skip Tuesday NOT just because I am hoping for the ever-elusive snow day, but because Tuesdays are just normally quiet.

Oh, how I long for the quiet!

No comments: