CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Jesus Sent Her Back...

My mother called me tonight and said "Your grandmother died today." Then she paused and said "But she came back." I never had the chance to let my emotions fully deal with that first sentence but I was intrigued nonetheless. Here's the day's events as explained to me.

My mom showed up at the Hospice Care center this morning around 11. Grandma's nurse explained to her that grandma was having some issues today. Every day is a new adventure. When mom sat next to grandma, grandma turned to her and said "I died". Mom tried to explain to her that she didn't die, that she was still here with us, and that it must have been a dream. Grandma persisted and they 'discussed' this for several minutes. At one point, the nurses had to come in and clean grandma up because she had had an accident. Once she was showered, dressed in a hospital gown and back in bed, she turned to my mother and softly said "Take off my glasses. Jesus is here." My mom was taken aback a bit and asked her mother "Where, mom? Where is Jesus?" "He's here," grandma replied.

What happened next just confirms so much that it gives me chills just to think about it and how I wish I could have been there. Suddenly, grandma started to drift off but was still talking and was describing to my mother all of the beautiful things she was seeing - her sisters, her brothers, her parents! "It's so beautiful!" she said. Then she turned to my mother and began listing all of the things she wanted her to do. Things like take these pictures when I'm gone, don't forget that there's money in the drawer...I mean, here she was at the end of her life and she was still trying to tell someone what to do and how to do it! Her voice was very frail and small. She asked for each of her children and so my mother promised to call them all and get them there (my one aunt lives in Florida and when my mother reminded grandma of that she was okay with it). With that, she went in to a deep, still sleep.

My one aunt arrived and tried to talk to grandma, no results. She and my mom knew this was the end. Then my uncle and his wife showed up and all of a sudden, grandma was wide awake. Talking. Like a chatter box! She asked for ice cream! She told her children of the heaven that she saw. She said that her husband, their father, was calling out to her and how her whole family was there and how beautiful it was but that Jesus sent her back. Jesus sent her back! The woman spoke to Jesus and he told her that she had to go back. So they all asked her "Why? Why did Jesus send you back?" She doesn't know.

Do you have any idea how frustrating this is? We are all racking our brains trying to figure out what exactly it is that has to be done to bring this sweet little woman the peace that she needs so that she can go and be in heaven with those that she loves! Personally, I don't think we are ever going to know for sure what it is that she needs. That is between grandma and Jesus. I just love knowing that for even that brief moment, He was there with her. She saw Him. She spoke to Him. And even though he sent her back, I for one am comforted in knowing that beauty and love await us.

No comments: