CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tiny Rant = Results

So we are in to week two (maybe three) of Frank being home again.  Oh, he has work - sort of.  The job that he is on is behind due to other contractors and so he can't do anything until they catch up.  So he's been home.  

A lot.

All the time.

So yesterday I was out with a friend for a bit and when I got home I had to put dinner in the crockpot and the kitchen was a disaster.  And that is putting it mildly.  You could not SEE the sink it was so full and the counters were littered with all kinds of stuff.  

On my way to the kitchen I pass Frank and Michael sitting on the couch watching TV - an all too familiar occurrence these days - and I just stopped and looked at the two of them and reminded them that I was not the only person who lived here and I don't see why it was only up to me to do all of the cooking, food shopping, laundry AND the dishes.  And then I walked away and DID all of the dishes and got dinner going.

We had a lovely beef stew with biscuits and it was yummy and after dinner I was on my laptop doing my Entrecard drops and Michael comes strolling in to show me his pruney hands.  

"Guess why my hands look like this?" he asked.  I actually had a good idea but I decided to play with him a bit and went through every conceivable explanation OTHER than washing dishes that would give his hands that appearance.  He giggled like a loon and finally he was like "Well, I took what you said in to consideration and went and did the dishes."

I cried.  I actually cried.  It has been SO LONG since anyone in this house has done something without being prompted in loud tones that it just made me cry.

I guess I'm doing okay with this whole parenting thing...

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow! You're doing a great job! Wish something like that would happen in my house.

exercise burn fat said...

Love your blog (I visit you from entrecard). Where did you get the title for your blog?

Ruth said...

Isn't it awesome when they shock us like that? My DS actually cleaned his room without being nagged about it last week, only manged to keep it that way a couple days but I was still impressed with the attempt.