CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little too much 80's retro...

So we're watching TV the other night, flipping through the channels and I end up on VH-1 Classics.  I actually really enjoy that channel.  Well "Behind the Music:  Remastered" was on Duran Duran.  If you were a girl growing up in the 80's I can guarantee that you would be sitting right beside me watching this. 

I wasn't a HUGE Duran Duran fan, but I did like their music and they were quite enjoyable to look at.  What could be better than good music by a good looking band, right?  So I sat for an hour and watched the past history of the band, listened to the music and saw what they were up to now and can I just say, WOW.  These men aged nicely.

So what's the downside to all of this walking down music memory lane?  I have not stopped singing to their music for days!  I've got it on my iPod!  I've got it in my head!  It won't leave!  Not that it's a bad thing, I guess.  It did almost get Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" out of my head.

Too bad I can't really sing...I might not mind hearing myself sing along if my voice was something that anyone wanted to hear.  The 16-year old me, has enjoyed looking back and all I'm going to say is that Roger Taylor was yummy looking in the 80's and yummy looking still.

Sigh...

1 comment:

Robin said...

Looking back and remembering is great for reliving past memories. For myself, this means going back a little more than you because I'm a "child of the 60's" with the Beatles and Rolling Stones!

Just dropped by to say I enjoy reading your blog even though I don't often comment. Hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

Cheers!

Robin