CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 21, 2009

What it Takes to be a Hero...

As a mom of two boys I've heard a lot about Super Heroes. I know the basics and am forever being told of different ones with super powers and how cool they are. I've seen movies that have showcased these characters.

In the real world, we hear about heroes on the news: the firefighters from 9-11. Heroes. Our military fighting for our country. Heroes. A good Samaritan stopping to help someone in need. Hero.

Do you know who is NOT a hero? Tiger Woods' wife.

Yes, I seriously heard that the other day that this woman is a HERO in her home country. A HERO!?! Really?? So basically, you categorize someone who was cheated on, lied to, oblivious to what was going on around her and will now reap MILLIONS of dollars in a divorce settlement because of her husbands infidelity and THIS is a hero??

I think anyone and everyone who has ever been TRULY honored for doing something heroic should get to go and slap this woman! She is not a hero! She did nothing heroic! She sat back in her mansion, counting money that SHE did not earn while her husband cheated on her. That doesn't make her a hero unless the people judging that are shallow and disgusting and think it is heroic to marry a billionaire celebrity and then get to walk away with millions for it when the marriage ends.

Honestly, the media makes me sick.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on Getting Organized in the New Year. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

6 comments:

Blia said...

Our society has truly become too media-crazed. Somehow, we have let the media influence what we think and how we think. You are definitely right on this one, Tiger Wood's wife is not a hero at all. Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

thepsychobabble said...

To be fair, all the money in the world would not be enough to make up that betrayal if I were in her situation.

I don't know if I'd use the word hero to describe her, but I don't know as she's really done anything wrong, either.

Unknown said...

i agree with you, not a hero. media is disgusting at best. i hate all the nonsense that is talked about. where is the real heroes and the real news. have a great night...hugz!

Petula said...

Wow! That really got you worked up, huh? I haven't really been keeping up with the story. After the cheating came out that's all I needed to know. Surprising, but not surprising which is sad. I am reserving my judgement of what she did or didn't do, but I think you are right that she should not be called a hero. Disrespected. Shamed. Embarrassed. Justified to divorce even from biblical perspective. She's anything but a hero.

Mary B. said...

I don't know if I'd use the word hero to describe her, but I don't know as she's really done anything wrong, either.

BK said...

This must be one of the craziest things I have heard so far.