CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Do You Want To Do With Your Life?

Okay, so now I am a tier 1 in my unemployment journey. Fun times. This is so NOT what I wanted to be but at the same time, this time of life has afforded me the opportunity to really look at what I want to do with my life.

Back in July, that drunken witch that my dad is married to said to me in one of her ridiculous rambling e-mails that basically I am a loser who is wasting my life. I took GREAT offense to that because really, I was okay with my life. I have a great marriage, two wonderful kids who are healthy, I have friends...I mean, we are by no means living the perfect life but we're happy. But that stupid comment in her e-mail just stuck in my craw, you know?

As I look forward to a new year (as most of us are at this time), I think that I am still doing what I want to do with my life. I'm working hard at a career as a writer and my marriage is still strong, my kids are still great, I mean...God has blessed me abundantly. I know I use this phrase a lot but I'll use it again - God did not choose to bless me with great wealth, but he blessed me with a great marriage and THAT is worth far more.

So as you are looking forward to the new year, what are your goals? Are you doing what you want to with your life? Is anyone out there living the dream? I'm just curious.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the Life and Science Museum. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

1 comment:

carol at A Second Cup said...

Beautifully said and beautifully written.