CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To Those We Lost in 2009...

Last week my mom and her siblings buried my grandmother's remains. It was a small, graveside service. Later that night, the church that my mom and aunt attend had a service for those who had passed away in 2009. This poem was handed out to everyone as they entered the church. It was written by John Wm. Mooney, Jr. It was copyrighted in 1989 but it was just so beautiful that I wanted to share it here with all of you for perhaps those you lost this year.

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I Still Hear the Songs,
I Still See the Lights,
I still feel your love on cold wintery nights

I Still shares your hopes and all of your cares
I'll even remind you to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you, you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment, to stay in His grace
I came here before you to help set your place

You don't have to be perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip, if you continue the climb

To my family and friends,
Please be Thankful today,
I'm still close beside you,
In a new special way

I love you all dearly,
Now don't shed a tear,
Cause I'm spending my Christmas
with Jesus this year


*Today's Examiner.com article is on Christmas traditions from around the world. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

7 comments:

Anne said...

What a lovely sentiment. I am very sorry for your loss.

A.Marie said...

Such a lovely poem...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma. There is nothing sadder than losing a Grandma; mine passed away about a year and 1/2 ago, and I miss her still.

Petula said...

It's sad to loose a loved one like that especially around the holidays. I lost my grandmother several years ago - more than six, I think - and although the sadness fades some, the missing doesn't. I like the sentiment expressed in the poem... hope it brings some comfort.

Susan Cook said...

Sorry about your Grandma - that is such a beautiful poem - it brought tears to my eyes. It reminds me of my Dad who died 16 yrs ago.

Thanks for sharing.

Katherine said...

I am sorry for your loss. My Father passed away on November 1st ( my B Day) Saying good bye is always hard. This poem is lovely. Thank you for sharing.I hope you will always find comfort in fond memories. Hugs!

Lola said...

That's sweet.

Frugal Vicki said...

That is beautiful. Maybe I should print it up. We bought a stocking, and we are putting a picture my son painted and our Christmas card in it for my grandpa. Maybe I will put this in there as well!