CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

An Update for those who are interested...

Okay, so many of you have expressed your opinion on how you wish my dad and I would make up. So in an earlier post I mentioned that he sent the boys Christmas gifts. Yes, yes, it was considerate of him. The day after we received the box, I had the boys call him to thank him.

Nick made the call. He talked to my dad and although I did not allow them to watch the memorial DVD, I did have to tell them about it because I knew that dad would ask if they watched it. And he did. So Nick talked to him and thanked him for the gifts - even though he had not opened them yet. They talked about how Nick and his girlfriend are doing and dad asked if Nick was planning on proposing any time soon. Nick said he'd like to and dad says (get this) "Gee, I'd like to help you with a ring and all, but I sold all of grandma's stuff".

???

Was that necessary? No. Not even a little bit. Maybe I am being overly picky but I just thought it was a stupid comment to make. Then Michael got on the phone and talked for a minute. He is not my conversationalist. So he talked and then when he was saying good-bye, he looked to me and said "I don't know what to do". Awkward. So I said "Hand me the phone" and you know what happened?

CLICK.

He hung up. I was willing to get on the phone. I was willing to wish a Merry Christmas. But once again, I was denied. I keep trying, people. This is now like the 5th attempt that I have been turned away. No one can say that I have not tried, because I have. I'm not seeing this changing any time soon.

Sorry.

5 comments:

Grampy said...

Stacey there is not much more you can do. I feel and this is just my opinion. You should just not worry about it. You did all you could. Just leave the door open so the kids can do what they feel they need to do. What is going to be is going to be.
Hope you had a good Christmas.

Unknown said...

i'm sorry stace that your father is not receptive to your attempts. i suppose that it is something that just is and doesn't seem like it is gonna change. it is definitely his loss and honestly doesn't know it. have a wonderful day...hugz!

A.Marie said...

Don't you worry about it Stace...you are doing your best and trying to do what is right, but you cannot control what your Dad does. He is the one that is being a jerk in this situation. Yes, it WAS considerate of him to send the gifts and you did the right thing by having the boys call, but you don't have to do anything more.

I also don't see things changing any time soon. But, at least you have tried! Don't be too hard on yourself. You're a great gal and if your Dad can't see it, well, I feel sorry for him!

Unknown said...

As long as you are willing to try, there is nothing you can do about him. Just keep in mind that he is your father and that he might not be in his right-mind. I am sorry that you are having to go through this.

Frugal Vicki said...

Stacey, I have been trying and trying and trying to find a way to reconcile with my dad. I have even tried a time or two. But part of me is starting to realize that he just is so adamant to say he didn't do anything wrong, and feels so guilty because he knows that he did, that until he drops the pride nothing is going to change. I am just terrified it will be too late.