CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Cornerstone Chronicles: Day Six

Okay, so today is officially the LAST DAY of Cornerstone and my boy is so ready to come home!  That is a good thing.  I think I would have been devastated had he had such a good time that coming home was a bad thing.  

He called this morning, early again, and exhausted still.  They will sleep in the tent for one more night and then leave tomorrow morning on their way to St. Louis where they'll spend a couple of hours and then on to Nashville where they will spend the night.  I have to admit, I'm kind of jealous of that part. I'm not a fan of country music or anything, but I've always wanted to go to Nashville...and Memphis and visit Graceland.  Again, not a fan of Elvis, but I sort of have a weird "thing" about dead celebrities and where they lived.  TMI, perhaps.

All in all he seemed to have a great week and learned some valuable lessons for next time - like take an air mattress or padding of some sort and bring more clothes because you never know when the weather is going to turn cold!  Good times.

As for me, today is the block party where Frank's band is going to play for the first time.  Luckily, I do not have to be there until around 6.  It's pretty nice outside today - not as oppressive as weeks gone by so I may just survive this. 


I'll let you know...

No comments: