CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

A Tiny Rant...sort of...

You know, for an unemployed chick I'm quite busy. I've gotten involved not only in several writing projects but I also joined about a half a dozen different little small groups/activities/clubs/etc. It's good to get out and see people and be productive but I am telling you... people can be really annoying.

There, I said it.

Okay, why? you ask? Well, I'll tell you. For starters, If you are in the middle of an emotional crisis with life in general, PLEASE don't take on the task of leading any kind of a group. We don't need to ride the roller coaster with you, okay? I have enough problems of my own without having to deal with yours too. Next, when someone takes the time to research something and gets a really, really, REALLY great deal for the entire group, don't nit-pick it apart and try to nickel and dime it to see if you can get even MORE free stuff. How about saying "thank you"?

I realize that I've said it often that I don't miss working with the public in retail but I have been shocked, amazed and appalled at the behavior of some adults. If you are unwilling to step up to lead something, then don't criticize the person who stepped up to do it! If you think you can do it better, GO AHEAD! Oh, and my personal favorite that I recently encountered...if a rule is set and agreed upon by the entire group do not expect to be the EXCEPTION to it! You are no more important than anyone else! Quit your whining and complaining for crying out loud! Rules aren't made by one person in these types of organizations. There are committees, sub-committees, etc. and so anything that gets made in to a rule, is voted on by many. Take it up with them if you don't like it, but please don't sit an pout about it. And finally, along those same lines, when something is voted upon, agreed upon and SETTLED upon by the group, please do not take it upon yourself to start a campaign to change everyone's mind because YOU are the only one who did not agree. That's what happens in group organizations, not everyone gets their way.

Whew. I feel so much better. Thanks for listening.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the Secret Keeper Girl Tour. You can read about it HERE. It's a great thing for moms of 8-12 year old girls. Thanks!*

5 comments:

Leigh said...

I hate dealing with the public too, most people are such idiots it seems! Good luck, and rant all you want!

Grampy said...

Way to go girl.Get it off your chest.The public can be impossible.No one appreciates anything now a days.Try to ignore them.

Tammy said...

It's very hard dealing with people. Women are I think even a little harder. I work with all women and everyone seems to want a say but do nothing. Sorry it doesn't work that way.

Femmepower said...

"When someone takes the time to research something and gets a really, really, REALLY great deal for the entire group, don't nit-pick it apart and try to nickel and dime it to see if you can get even MORE free stuff." Very well said, Stace! I've encountered a lot of people who have the "talent" to do this.I just ignore them but they really can get into my nerves sometimes.

Frugal Vicki said...

Ugh. I am a call-center employee (virtual, but still, call center is call center) and it amazes me how adults can be so selfish, so degrading of people they have never met, so self-righteous, and so mean. Rant on girl!